Increase System Memory Of Your LG E400-Using Link2SD
Why You Should Do This?
Lg Optimus L3 E400 is a great entry level smartphone. It has a larger fan base. It possess a 832MHz CPU, Adreno 200 GPU for quality gaming and has 384 MB RAM. It has 1 GB internal SD and Supports External SD. But the major problem is that it possess about close to 200 MB system memory which is actually the available space for installing apps. Which is a great bummer!
I mean, just look at the specs, every other aspects of this phone will make it a great choice for an entry level android phone.Memory is an issue for those people who really like to have the liberty of installing many apps including gamers. Here is a way to increase your system memory using Link2SD. I have tried this method earlier with HTC explorer a310e and was working like a charm. Now with certain modifications i was able to make it work out on LG L3 E400.
- This method requires your phone to be rooted ; Check for rooting: Root LG L3 E400
- You must have atleast 60% of your battery left before doing these steps
- You must backup all your important data as you are about to create partitions and stuffs on your SD card.
- You must have ClockworkMod installed on your L3 ; Check- Install CWM On LG L3
- Enable " USB Debugging" and " Allow Mock Locations" On Development Settings of your device.
- First enter recovery menu after rebooting( Press Vol Down+Home+Power Button)
- From recovery mode, select " Wipe Data/Factory Reset" after that, select "Wipe Cache Partition" to wipe all your cache.
- Next from "Advanced" settings, select "Wipe Dalvik Cache" .
- Next reboot your device from main menu.
- Download MiniTool Partition Wizard From Internet-Download
- Install it in your PC and run it.
- Now unmount your SD card and using any card reader connect it to your PC.
You can view your SD card from Minitool partition ( try to reload if not present)
- Next Right Click on your SD card and select "Delete" from the menu. Keep in mind that this will delete all your Data present on your SD card. We have already warned you to backup important information before doing these steps.
- Now right click on SD card and select "Create" .
- Next from the Create New Partition Box, set File System : "FAT32". Here you must allocate the size you wish to utilize as internal memory . Then press "OK". ( leave some space for second partition 512+MB to your wish)
- Now, repeat the above process again, but this time choose Create As: "Primary" and then change file system to ext2. ( you can also try ext3/ext4) But ext2 is much stable. This new partition will be the space utilized for storing your downloaded apps. Press OK to continue.
- After partitioning SD, insert it into LG E400.
- Download Link2SD from playstore and install it on your device.
- Next you have to run Link2SD. You will be greeted with a box in which you have to select the format for your second partition. Choose " ext2" and press OK.
- It will immediately give a message to restart your phone. Press OK to Restart.
- Now select "settings" at the bottom of link2sd. In the settings tab, tick-"Autolink", Autolink Notifications" and then select install location as "External". After that select Power OFF option
- Reboot Your Phone when this process completes. Its done. Now use Multi Select and select all the apps to transfer. You can Select the Apps one by one also.Once you have selected all the required apps press "Actions" button. It Will Give You a new window. Select " Create Link".In Create link window tick all the options and press OK.
Your Apps are now moved to SD card.
Please comment about any compatibility issues as i had custom kernels on my LG L3 and CM9.